VIDEO ACCESS RESTRICTED TO COURSE MEMBERS
To access the training video, please login to your account.
If you are not currently a member of the ARCHICAD Best Practices 2020 course, please visit bobrow.com/2020 for information and registration.
ARCHICAD Training Lesson Outline
Note: Topics marked below with *** are covered in this lesson (the others are presented in the previous lesson).
Uses of Hotlinked Modules (HLM)
- Multi-Unit designs - Hotel, Office, Condo, Multi-Family
- Multi-Story - Floor Plates (can include HLM units within floor plate)
- Repetitive Design elements - stairwells, balconies, etc.
- Multi-Building projects - 2 or more buildings on one site
- Link to part of a project - based on MOD export
- *** Interactive Legends
- *** Office Standard elements, groups or assemblies
- *** Design schemes or options
- *** Master Layer controls
- *** Design Elements / Interactive Legends
- *** Hotlink ID
- *** Filtering schedules to exclude all hotlinks, or those with a specific ID
- Single story vs. Entire PLN
- Retain story heights vs adapt to host project
- Rotation, elevation, mirroring (explanation of annotation anchors)
- PLN vs MOD
- *** Auto-update vs. Manual update (+ Refresh options in HLM Manager)
Limitations, Cautions & Clarifications
- Design elements are only editable in source file
- Elements clean up in context (walls join, intersections calculated, etc.)
- Schedules work (although element info not editable in host file)
- Can filter schedules for the project using Criteria
- *** Attributes are set based on the host project (can be different than source of HLM)
- *** Internal link to part of a project - based on Story
- *** Use grouping, marquee and/or layer combination to create MOD