VIDEO ACCESS RESTRICTED TO COURSE MEMBERS
To access the training video, please login to your account.
If you are not currently a member of the ARCHICAD Best Practices 2020 course, please visit bobrow.com/2020 for information and registration.
ARCHICAD Training Lesson Outline
3D manipulations and applications of Morph elements
- Setting up an editing plane to draw on a surface
- Drawing on that surface in any angled view
- Extruding from that surface
- Facing straight on to the surface - example of roof
- Drawing a 4 sided frame using a beam profile
- Selecting the elements and converting to morph
- Selecting the morph and rotating in 3D space
- Using axis snaps to precisely rotate 90 degrees
Helpful visual aid:
Window > Palette > Drafting Aids
- Converting a wall into a morph in order to slant the top
- Other modifications to the wall geometry - curved top
- What happens with doors or windows?
- One way street - cannot go back and make it a wall again with doors and windows